Applies to : JDeveloper 22.214.171.124
- you are connected to database (network)
- you are able to choose the desired button
- so everything is fine, you are able to work productive
- you're went standby with your machine because you moved from work to homeoffice
- waking up you're machine, connecting to network you want to invoke "Add from Table...." button
=> No chance. the button is disabled! See my screenshot
- -OK so first solution comes to mind. reopen the *EO.xml file
=> No change.the button is still disabled!
Fastest Solution found so far
- Open the project settings and navigate to Business compontens section
- Do nothing, apply the button "OK" (not visible in screenshot)
=> the db connections seems to be reestablished or verified or what ever
- Close the EO.xml and reopen it
=> "Add from Table..." button is activated!
- => No need to restart JDeveloper. That would be another solution. But takes a lot more time if you only have an average hardware.
Failed solution approaches
- close *EO.xml and reopen it. => "Add from Table...." button is still deactivated
Open questions / improve usability suggestion
- Which circumstance leads actually to disable the "Add from Table..." button?
- It would be nice if the "Add from Table..." button would be active for ever. On Demand/Click would be reported if there is no valid database connection.
Have you experienced similar annoying problem? Any useful hints for the observed behaviour would be greatly appreciated.