Oracle Team Productivity Center: 126.96.36.199.0
Oracle WebLogic Server: 10.3.2
We want to use Oracles solution for Applpication Lifecycle Management (ALM) called Oracle Team Productivity Center. OTPC enables software development teams to collaborate and work productively together when developing applications using JDeveloper.
OTPC consist of several component from which we will cover the server side ones in this blog post. That are the Team Server which is connected to databased repository and some specific ALM connectors. Currently there are implementations for
- JIRA (since 188.8.131.52.0)
- MS Project Server (since 184.108.40.206.0)
- Bugzilla (new in 220.127.116.11.0)
The following figures gives an overview of the involved components:
The Team Server component is a WAR exposing some WebServices which are cosumed by the JDeveloper TPC Extension counterpart. The deployement is currently supported either on a WebLogic Server or Apache Tomcat.
Quick Outline of this post
- Download OTPC Server Component
- Create Database Schema for OTPC
- Install OTPC Server Component on WebLogic Server 10.3.2
- Install JDeveloper OTPC extension
- Test the OTPC connection.
|Product ||Download |
|Oracle® Team Productivity Center Server Component + Connectors ||Download from OTN |
Create database schema
|Area ||Description |
|Putty || |
Install OTPC Server Component
|Area ||Description |
|WinSCP||Copy downloaded tpcinstaller.jar to /u01/product/oracle/middleware/11.1.1/tpc|
|Putty / set java env|| |
Input JDBC: jdbc:oracle:thin:@database.telde.local:1521:orcl
Choose File Name: <whatever connector you want to additionally be installed>
Input Username: tpcadmin
Input Password: welcome1
Input Confirm Password: welcome1
View Summary, Verify your made selections!
|Installation in progress|| |
|Putty/Start WebLogic|| |
|Browser/Verify OTPC is running|
Test the connection to OTPC from JDeveloper
- Calling the Test Server Page (<host>:<port>/otpc) you just get a simple message “Oracle Team Productivity Center” Request to Oracle: Please display some more information: Version, active connectors, etc.....!!! At the moment this does not look enterprise production ready!! Sorry. It looks like a prototyp so far……
- Do I really have to create all the users into the OTPC repository by hand? Can’t I connect to an LDAP-Server? This also looks not enterprise production ready. Sorry.